You’re now viewing The Specs of Minh-Anh Mia Do (Minh-Anh Duong Do or Đỗ Dương Minh Anh is my full name, but it’s rather hard to pronounce for non-Vietnamese so you’re more than welcome to call me Mia).
Some quick facts:
- I was born in 1997, you do the math.
- I’m doing an Honours in Communication and Media Studies at the University of Wollongong, Australia. Previously, I graduated with a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies (with Distinction), with a Global Media major and a Linguistics minor.
- Day jobs: Honours student & contracting copywriter for a tiny marketing agency in Sydney.
- Weird talents: writing in completely straight lines on unruled paper & making the best fried-rice.
- I’m all for: fun linguistics facts, baking, crocheting, fountain pens, giving cats backscratches, cream puffs, frozen yoghurt, organising Everything.
See below for an accurate depiction of me:
The Specs is my platform for elaboration on matters covered in undergrad subjects, and my Honours Research and the rail for my train of thoughts on topics more personal. The Specs simply means the (pair of) spectacles – a metaphor for my view on the world – and literally refers to the one essential item I must always, always have with me (mind you, I am blind as a bat without my glasses).
I believe that every thought has its gravitational force, and so we can change the world, one thought at a time. Or at the very least, I hope to amuse, inform, persuade you with some thoughts on the world through my spectacles.
All the best,
P.s.: You can now navigate to BLOG for the complete list of my posts, or to FEATURED for some matters I believe deserve a lot more attention. For my thoughts on issues covered in subjects, UOW is the way to go. If you prefer to just have a look here and there, simply scroll up to the top of this page, find your way around the menu bar and start roaming. I hope you enjoy!
Mia Do (Duong Minh Anh Do)
Honours student in Communication and Media Studies
University of Wollongong ’19
If you want to send me a private message, feel free to leave it here; it’s absolutely confidential. I’d be so grateful for your thoughts 🙂