You’re now viewing The Specs of Minh-Anh Mia Do (Minh-Anh Duong Do or Đỗ Dương Minh Anh is my full name, but it’s rather hard to pronounce for non-Vietnamese so you’re more than welcome to call me Mia).
Some quick facts:
- I was born in 1997, you do the math.
- Day job: PhD candidate at UOW, researching the experience of Vietnamese international students with the Australian mental healthcare system/services.
- In 2019, I did an Honours in Communication and Media Studies at the University of Wollongong, Australia. Previously, I graduated with a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies (with Distinction), with a Global Media major and a Linguistics minor.
- Weird talents: writing in completely straight lines on unruled paper & making the best fried-rice.
- I’m all for: golden shades of yellow, leafy shades of green, the entire teal-turquoise spectrum, fun linguistics facts, historical fashion especially late Victorian to Edwardian period, baking, knitting, sewing, crocheting, fountain pens, giving cats backscratches, cat paws, cream puffs, frozen yoghurt, and organising Everything.
See below for an accurate depiction of me:
The Specs is, in the broadest sense, the railway for my train of thoughts on research life as a PhD candidate, handicrafts as an integral part of life, and other wonders.
The Specs simply means the (pair of) spectacles – a symbol of my view on the world – and literally refers to the one essential item I must always, always have with me (mind you, I am blind as a bat without my glasses).
Previously, this blog had been a platform for elaboration on matters covered in undergrad subjects, and my Honours Research.
I believe that every thought has its gravitational force, and so we can change the world, one thought at a time. Or at the very least, I hope to amuse, inform, persuade you with some thoughts on the world through my spectacles.
All the best,
P.s.: You can now navigate to BLOG for the complete list of my posts, or to FEATURED for some matters I believe deserve a lot more attention. If you prefer to just have a look here and there, simply scroll up to the top of this page, find your way around the menu bar and start roaming. I hope you enjoy!
Mia Do (Duong Minh Anh Do)
Honours student in Communication and Media Studies
University of Wollongong ’19
If you want to send me a private message, feel free to leave it here; it’s absolutely confidential. I’d be so grateful for your thoughts 🙂
9 thoughts on “MIA? SPECS?”
A very expressive and articulate post Mia:) I myself am studying BCM at Wollongong and as part of my assessment, have been searching through other blogs to provide feedback. This post is both coherent and entertaining, as it provides an interesting view into the reasoning behind your enrolment into the course and displays clear enthusiasm in the areas which you are passionate about. The inclusion of the video where Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie speaks on her story is a nice touch as it shows your way of thinking and inspiration. Overall a great introduction to your blog and best of luck.
Thank you so much! Wish you the best of luck with your assessment 😁
Huhu blog xin quá Manh ơi huhuhuhuhuh cíu
Aw cám ơn Tâmm blog của Tâm cũng đẹp nè, xinh xinh, đọc cũng tình cảm kiểu cứ thủ thỉ tâm tình ý :>
❤ thỉnh thoảng lười viết với Tâm hãy bị tật lặp từ lắm huhu.
Viết theo cảm xúc hay như thế còn gì :> anw cám ơn Tâm follow blog của MAnh nhaa ^^
Ui cũng cảm ơn MAnh vì thỉnh thoảng ghé vô đọc bài của Tâm nha. 🙂 Mấy lúc thấy có một chấm nhỏ báo là ai đó ở Úc đã truy cập lại vui vui 🙂
Obrigado muito para seu site – auxilia muito . http://Degi.doorblog.jp/archives/20133788.html